First time setup of your Zepcam product
- Thanks for buying a Zepcam T2 body camera. We hope you will enjoy our product as much as we enjoyed creating it.
Before starting please check:
- • If the product or the packaging is not visibly damaged.
- • Make sure all the packaging content is complete (camera, clip, docking station, usb cable, charger, Pin code sticker)
- • Do not attempt to use the device with missing or damaged parts.
The Zepcam T2 is provided with a single docking station; The single docking station is used to charge and offload data using a PC or laptop with Zepcam Connect software installed.
- • Your Zepcam T2 must be connected by a USB cable to a PC or a laptop with Zepcam Connect installed.
• Zepcam Connect is supported on Windows 7, 8.1 or 10.
• Zepcam Connect will automatically take care of downloading movies to your computer and/ or offloading them to the Zepcam Server or Cloud as well as charging the camera (for charging only, it is advised to use the USB charger that comes with the T2 bodycam. This makes charging faster than using the USB port of a PC).
• Zepcam Connect can be downloaded here.
[Note] when the data is successfully copied and or offloaded, the data is automatically removed from the T2.
Setup with Zepcam Single dock
1. Run the Setup file to install the Zepcam Connect Software.
2. When Zepcam Connect is newly installed and started for the first time it will ask for the unlock/pairing code: Choose between: unlock software or unlock software and pair to server.
Check this manual how to create Zepcam Connect pairing code.
“Unlock”: Only download movies to your local PC (Zepcam Connect can be paired later with the Zepcam Cloud or a Zepcam Server)
“Unlock software and pair to server”: copy movies to your local pc and/or offload movies to Zepcam Cloud or server.
- When activation or pairing is completed successfully you will see the following main window:
- 3. Connect the single dock with provided USB cable to your PC.
- 4. Place the new Zepcam T2 in the single dock:
- 5. If this is the first time the T2 is connected with Zepcam Connect, the program will ask you to enter the PIN:
- [NOTE] The PIN has been supplied together with the Zepcam T2 (in the box).
The program will remember this PIN to authenticate the camera automatically in the future.
6. The movies and photos will automatically be transferred from the camera to your computer. When movies are successfully transferred, they are automatically removed from the Zepcam T2.
- 7. The program will show “Finished” after the operation is complete:
- 8. Charging continues until the battery is full Blue led 8 will go off when fully charged
- 9. Click “Video folder” to access your movies and photos on your computer or network share:
- 10. When accessing “Preferences” for the first time, you will be asked to create a Zepcam Connect Admin password (password prevents end users adjusting T2 settings):
- Pay attention to put a password you will remember. You will need it to make changes on your Zepcam T2 camera.
- 11. “Preferences” can be used to change:
- • Program settings
- • Preferred settings of the camera (T2 Camera Settings)
- • PINs of one or more cameras (T2 Device Manager)
- • Server Settings
- In most cases, the default settings will be suitable