First time setup of your Zepcam product
Product: Zepcam T2
A. Setup with Zepcam Single dock
The Zepcam T2 is provided with a single docking station; The single docking station can be connected to a PC laptop or server (running Windows 7, 8.1, 10).
The Zepcam Connect software will automatically take care of downloading movies as well as charging the camera (For charging only, it is advised to use the USB charger that comes with the T2 bodycam. This makes charging faster than using the USB of a PC).
You must obtain the Zepcam Connect Software via your Zepcam administrator.
For offload, it is also possible to connect/pair the Zepcam Connect Software with your Zepcam Core Server or the Zepcam Cloud.
For first time use, the Zepcam Connect Software has the be paired with the Zepcam Cloud or own Zepcam Server to be activated (Contact your Zepcam Administrator for a paring code).
1. Run the Setup file to install the Zepcam Connect Software (obtained via your Zepcam Administrator).
2. Make sure the program is running (see window:)
- 3. The Zepcam Connect Software has the be paired with the Zepcam Cloud or Zepcam Server to be activated;
- Accessing “Preferences” for the first time; You will be asked to crate Zepcam Connect Admin password (password is needed to be able to access the Preferences and provides the possibility to prevent other users adjusting T2 settings).
- Contact your Zepcam Administrator for a paring code and select the Server Settings tab and enter the pairing code:
- Make sure pairing is successful and when connection to server is available, the Server Status will be “Link”:
- When pairing is completed you will see the following main window:
- 4. Connect the single dock with provided USB cable to your PC.
- 5. Place the new Zepcam T2 in the single dock;
- If this is the first time the T2 is connected with Zepcam Connect, the program will ask you to enter the PIN:
- PIN has been supplied together with the Zepcam T2 (in the box).
- The program will remember this PIN to authenticate the camera automatically in the future.
6. The movies and photos will automatically be transferred from the camera to your computer, Zepcam Cloud or Zepcam Server; After the download, the camera will shut down for faster charging.
- 7. The program will show “Finished” after the operation is complete:
- 8. Charging will go on until the battery is full (blue led will go dark or flashing quickly when fully charged).
- 9. Click “Video folder” to access your movies and photos on your computer or network share.
- 10. “Preferences” can be used to change:
- – Program settings
- – Preferred settings of the camera (T2 Camera Settings)
- – PINs of one or more cameras (T2 Device Manager)
- – Server Settings
- In most cases, the default settings will be suitable
B. Setup with Zepcam Docking Station
The Zepcam docking station should already be connected to and paired with the Zepcam Core Server Software via WAN or LAN.
The Zepcam Docking Station software will automatically take care of downloading movies from the Zepcam T1 as well as (power) charging the camera.
- 1. Place the Zepcam T2 in docking station, make sure it is pushed down solidly in the docking station.
- 2. The T2 is automatically paired with the Zepcam Docking Station
- 3. Via the Zepcam Manager, users can be assigned to this new T2 (ask your administrator to perform this).
- 4. The movies and photos will be uploaded from the camera to Zepcam Docking Station and from the Zepcam Docking Station to the Zepcam Server or Zepcam Cloud; After upload to the Zepcam Docking Station the camera will shut down automatically (the T2 is switched off during fast charging).
- 5. Charging will go on until the battery is full (blue led will go dark or flashing quickly).
- 6. Check the Zepcam Manager for the latest videos and photos.